- Download the MP3 for the Podcast (most provide them on their websites)
- Save this file in Dropbox (I have it connected to my Otter account), or manually drop it into Otter using their web interface.
- Otter picks this file up automatically, and begins transcribing it.
- Grab coffee.
- Now, listen to the podcast using the Otter app on mobile or the web, as you pause and highlight/take notes for things that resonate with you in the Otter app.
Long form videos (YouTube and elsewhere)
- Download the video using Downie (available through SetApp)
- Open the video in QuickTime Player, and export the file as audio
The rest of the workflow is the same as Podcasts.